Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Midterm: My artist statement

Andy Warhol was my inspiration on creating my midterm project. His personality is mysterious; this attracts me to him the most. I enjoy all the vibrant bright colors he uses mostly primary and secondary. My projects is called “The purse of and 8-year-old fan”, it contains objects that a young girl from the 60’s would carry in her purse. One of these objects is a book, this book has various form of art presented in it. You can find symmetry; in a section of the book the objects on both pages are completely balanced in the same areas creating this symmetry. You can find complementary colors, like green and red throughout the entire book. Andy Warhol seems like he just “goes with the flow” of what’s going on, but stays focused on his goals and is not sidetracked by society. This is how I think of myself, mostly with what I wear, I dress very vibrant sometimes, with prints that are uncommon or I can dress "plain". “The interviewer should just tell me the words he wants me t o say and I’ll repeat them after him”, Andy said this in 1968, he wasn’t open to talk about his thoughts, and like I mentioned before this makes his a mysterious man. My book has plenty art work by him that show his strangeness, for example portraits of celebrities that have skin and hair different colors like green, yellow, blue, and red. His art can inspire anyone with an open mind.

Works Cited


“Andy Warhol”, Carter Ratcliff, 1983
Cross River Press, Ltd., New York, pg. 107-110.

Creative Commons License


This
workis
licensed under a
Creative
Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0
License
.

1 comment:

Anne Brew said...

This statement clearly presents the thought and feeling behind the project, an effort to include everything you have learned this semester.
good job.